Licosha — LineageOS, the most famous Android custom ROM project in the world, finally comes to this cheap Android phone ASUS ZenFone Live L2 X00RD of mine, all the more it’s LineageOS 18.1 which is powered by Android 11, a 3 level upgrade from the ASUS ZenFone Live L2 stock ROM which is Android 8!
If you have been followed my blog for quite some time, you may know I have shared some custom ROMs for ASUS ZenFone Live L2 X00RD. But this LineageOS 18.1 is made by the best builder of custom ROMs for ASUS ZenFone Live L2 Android phone so far in my opinion, which is techfanciers@Sourceforge.
Just like other custom ROMs build by techfanciers@Sourceforge, this LineageOS 18.1 is a native custom ROM, in other means it is not a GSI-based ROM. So expect more hardware features worked!
LineageOS 18.1 ASUS ZenFone Live L2 X00RD custom ROM info
|ROM name||LineageOS 18.1|
|android version||11 (R)|
|model target||• ZA550KL – X00RD|
How to install LineageOS 18.1 ASUS ZenFone Live L2 custom ROM
- Bootloader unlocked.
- Custom recovery installed. TWRP recommended, if there is “Build model…” problem when installing, try OrangeFox recovery.
- Backup!, your data and internal storage. Better safe than sorry. ?
Installing (example using TWRP recovery)
- Download the ROM zip file of LineageOS 18.1 and save it to our ASUS ZenFone Live L2 Android phone internal storage or the microSD card (download links is at the end of this post).
- Boot our ASUS ZenFone Live L2 Android phone into recovery mode: Turn off our phone, then press and hold “Volume down” + “Power” buttons for a few seconds, release the power button when the phone vibrate while still holding the volume down button until it enters recovery mode.
- Do the 3 partitions wipe:
- Go to reboot menu of the recovery, then choose to “Reboot to recovery”. This step is needed to refresh the partition info (avoiding error when installing something).
- Go to “Install” menu of the recovery, then just locate where we save the LineageOS 18.1 ROM zip file and choose it to install it. Wait until it’s done.
- Next, mount “System” and “Vendor” partition, then install the “Decrypt 10” zip file (download link at the end of this post).
- [Optional] Because this LineageOS ROM is vanilla, install a GAPPS (Google Apps) package if we want to have Google services (Play Store, Play Games, etc.) on our device.
- Done! Reboot our ASUS ZenFone Live L2 Android phone to start enjoying the LineageOS 18.1 custom ROM with Android 11!
Quick Review of LineageOS 18.1 ASUS ZenFone Live L2 custom ROM
For daily usage, I think this LineageOS 18.1 custom ROM is quite stable when I tried it on my ASUS ZenFone Live L2 X00RD Android phone, of course with some exeptions of small bugs which is for me can be tolerated moreover if we compare the tradeoff with using Android 11 ROM on such unpopular device like this ASUS Zenfone Live L2 Android phone.
On the appearance side, there are not much to comment as this is LineageOS, an Android ROM that stick as close as possible to the pure AOSP project ROM.
But like I said before from ROMs buit by techfanciers@Sourceforge, this is a native custom ROM (ported from ASUS ZenFone Live M2, if I remember correctly), most of the hardware features are working out of the box to even like Miracast and FM Radio.
From the performance side, I think there are also no problem when I was using this LineageOS 18.1 as my daily drive for common tasks like like browsing, messaging, watching videos on Youtubes, etc., everything went smooth on my ASUS ZenFone Live L2 X00RD Android phone.
- Second SIM card mobile data is dead 🙂*
[*]: Known bugs when I tested it on my ASUS ZenFone Live L2 Android phone.
LineageOS 18.1 ASUS ZenFone Live L2 custom ROM download link
• ASUS ZENFONE LIVE L1 & L2 TELEGRAM GROUP for the Decrypt 10 file.