Resurrection Remix OS or simply known as RROS, is one of earliest Android custom project known for it’s massive customizations, stability, while still loyal to the stock AOSP looks. Finally, after waiting so long now we can feel this legendary RROS on our ASUS ZenFone Live L2 with it’s Android 10!
Licosha — Resurrection Remix, if you never heard about this Android custom ROM project before, then you are not an Android custom ROM mania yet ????. Resurrection Remix was originally a custom ROM project derived from Remix ROM, just like it’s name, trying to bring back the Remix ROM project.
This Resurrection Remix Android 10 custom ROM is a native ROM (ported from ASUS ZenFone Max if I remember it correctly), means it not a GSI based ROM, so we can expect more hardware and device specific features worked out of the box. And just like the LineageOS 18.1 ROM I have previously posted, it is still made by the same person/team which is techfanciers@Sourceforge.
Resurrection Remix ASUS ZenFone Live L2 custom ROM info
|ROM name||Resurrection Remix|
|android version||Android 10 (Q)|
|model target||• ZA550KL – X00RD|
How to install Resurrection Remix Android 10 custom ROM on ASUS ZenFone Live L2 (example using TWRP recovery)
- Bootloader unlocked.
- Custom recovery installed. TWRP recommended, if there is “Build model…” problem when installing, try OrangeFox recovery.
- Backup!, your data and internal storage. Better safe than sorry. 😀
- Download the ROM zip file of Resurrection Remix and save it to our ASUS ZenFone Live L2 Android phone internal storage or the microSD card (download links is at the end of this post).
- Boot our ASUS ZenFone Live L2 Android phone into recovery mode: Turn off our phone, then press and hold “Volume down” + “Power” buttons for a few seconds, release the power button when the phone vibrate while still holding the volume down button until it enters recovery mode.
- Do the 3 partitions wipe:
- Go to reboot menu of the recovery, then choose to “Reboot to recovery”. This step is needed to refresh the partition info (avoiding error when installing something).
- Go to “Install” menu of the recovery, then just locate where we saved the Resurrection Remix ROM zip file and choose it to install it. Wait until it’s done.
- Next, mount “System” and “Vendor” partition, then install the “Decrypt” zip file (download link at the end of this post).
- [Optional] Because this Resurrection Remix ROM is vanilla, install a GAPPS (Google Apps) package if we want to have Google services (Play Store, Play Games, etc.) on our device.
- Done! Reboot our ASUS ZenFone Live L2 Android phone to start enjoying the Resurrectin Remix Android 10 Q custom ROM!
Known bugs of this Resurrection Remix Android 10 custom ROM
- Sometimes the lockcreen became laggy, this is maybe caused by ambient features.* My personal fix is, We need to disable completely all ambient features. The problem is not all the ambient features options are showed/unlocked in the settings menu, but we need to install the overlay fix first:
- Download this overlay fix apk file:
framework-res__auto_generated_rro.apk (± 1.7 MB).
- Using custom recovery, place/copy the overlay apk file to
chmodthe moved overlay apk file to
0644. For example on OrangeFox recovery, we can
chmoda file by: Long press the file → “Set permissions” → Tap the “pencil icon” at the top right → Then on the permission text input, fill with
0644or simply tap the item on the botton “Set 644” → Tap the “check” button at the bottom to apply it.
- Download this overlay fix apk file:
- SIM card preference for call always revert back to SIM 2 after every device reboot.*
[*]: Known bugs when I tested the Resurrection Remix ROM v. 8.6.4 on my ASUS ZenFone Live L2 Android phone.
Download link — Resurrection Remix Android 10 custom ROM for ASUS ZenFone Live L2
• ASUS ZENFONE LIVE L1 & L2 TELEGRAM GROUP — for the Decrypt file.