Vendor partition on Android 8.0 and above holds special codes related to the device hardware. ASUS Zenfone Live L2 has at least 3 official vendors: Oreo 8.0, Pie 9.0 and Q 10.
Licosha — Although ASUS Zenfone Live L2 is considered as low end Android phone, we must thank ASUS for at least gave this device Android OS updates up to Android 9 and 10 (beta release, though), so this phone three official vendors including with the stock 8.0.
So why must we need these vendors? Well for some months ago there are no custom ROM yet for ASUS Zenfone Live L2, so GSI is to go solution for me. GSI is kind of stock ROM in short, but excluding the vendor partition.
Yes we can get the vendors by installing the stock ROMs of ASUS Zenfone Live L2 itself, but it is more effective if we just installing the vendor only, to save us time and storage space.
Requirements & tools:
- Custom recovery (TWRP recommended) installed.
- Unroot your phone if you have rooted it (using Magisk, etc.).
- Decrypt zip file based on the vendor Android version (download link below).
How to install a vendor – ASUS Zenfone Live L2
- Boot your ASUS Zenfone Live L2 into recovery mode.
vendorpartition (and other partitions you need to wipe).
- Reboot to recovery, be careful to not reboot to another mode. This to make sure the recovery refresh the partitions info.
- Select the
Installoption on the recovery menu and select the vendor zip file. Wait until done.
Installmenu again, then select the decrypt zip file based on the vendor Android version.
- Done! Now you can proceed other operations you need to do (installing a GSI system image, etc.).
Vendor collections ASUS Zenfone Live L2 download link
Oreo vendor (A partition)
Stock Oreo 8.0 Vendor – Firmware Downgrade.zip (278.49 MB)
Decrypt Oreo.zip (126.7 kB)
Pie vendor (AB partition)
Decrypt Pie.zip (193.3 kB)
🎖 Credits 🎖
Source: ASUS LIVE L1 & L2 DOCUMENTS Telegram group.