Reinstalling or updating our ASUS Zenfone Live L2 official stock firmware/ROM is very easy, thanks to ASUS who provided us the the tools in one place (ASUS Website). Installing or updating official ROM can be done through system update method or custom recovery.
Licosha – Whether you want to fix something wrong because of intended (effect of root operation for example) / unintended matters, want to start back from fresh or you want to sell your ASUS Zenfone Live L2 Android phone, reinstalling to the official stock rom / firmware is your way out.
For such the cheap device, ASUS Zenfone Live L2 is also lucky to received monthly official Android updates from the manufacturer (though the last update is on July 2020). Released as Android 8 Oreo with the ZenUI 5, this phone also lucky enough to get Beta update of Android 9 and 10.
Things you may want to consider doing before installing or updating your ASUS Zenfone Live L2 Android system:
- Backup. Better safe than sorry 😁.
- Remove lockscreen. There are cases where users get locked out of their phone after booting after installing / updating their phone, so it is strongly recommended to remove the lockscreen method if you have ever set it up on your ASUS Zenfone Live L2.
💁 How to install / update ASUS Zenfone Live L2 official stock ROM
1. Using system update method
System update methods is meant to be used if you want to install an official stock ROM/firmware that is a newer build over your currently installed ASUS Zenfone Live L2 stock ROM using the stock recovery system. So you might get trouble using this method if you already installed a custom revovery.
- Download the official stock ROM/firmware and place it on your ASUS Zenfone Live L2 Android phone's internal storage, then reboot your phone.
- [Optional] After the phone is booted, there should be a notification about system update detected, tap it and follow the instruction.
- [Optional] Your ASUS Zenfone Live L2 should be now automatically booted into recovery mode and installing the firmware/ROM.
Beside following the steps above, we can just boot our ASUS Zenfone Live L2 Android phone directly to revovery mode after the step 1, and installing the firmware/ROM zip file through the recovery menu. However this is not recommended if your phone still boot normally.
2. Using custom recovery
The advantage installing through custom recovery is that we can ignore the build date or signature of the firmware/ROM. Not every custom recovery though, I found TWRP is as same as strict as the stock recovery, so it might be useless in this matter. But using Orange Fox recovery is possible.
And another advantage using Orange Fox recovery to install an official stock firmware/ROM is we can keep the custom recovery intact without being overwritten with the stock recovery when the flashing/installing process running (set it on the Orange Fox recovery settings).
- Download the official stock ROM/firmware and place it on your ASUS Zenfone Live L2 Android phone's storage or external microSD card.
- Boot into recovery mode. Turn off your phone, then press and hold volume down + power buttons at same time for a few seconds. Release it when the phone vibrate.
- On the custom recovery menu, select
Installoption and locate the ROM/firmware zip file and select it. Wait until the installation process done.
- Next on
Installmenu again, install the Decrypt zip file based on the ROM/firmware Android version.
- Lastly, do Wipe Dalvik/cache and reboot your ASUS Zenfone Live L2 Android phone.
📥 ASUS Zenfone Live L2 official stock firmware/ROM collection download links
All download links are direct from ASUS Website, the decrypt zip file from ASUS Zenfone Live L1 & L2 Telegram group. Make sure your SKU (
XX-xx.xx....) is same like your phone otherwise you will get the Red Blink of Death!
Android 8 ZenUI 5
Decrypt Oreo.zip (126.7 kB)
Android 9 Beta AOSP
Decrypt Pie.zip (193.3 kB)
Android 10 Beta AOSP
Decrypt 10.zip (123.7 kB)