Licosha – Custom recovery, a thing that is mandatory for every Android modding, no exception also for us ASUS Zenfone Live L1/L2 phone user. After unlocking bootloader, the next step is installing a custom recovery.
After installing a custom recovery to our ASUS Zenfone Live L1/L2 Android phone, our phone will become like a cat, having 9 lives it is 😆. Bootloop? No worries!
On this post, I will share how to easily installing a TWRP custom recovery to our ASUS Zenfone Live L1/L2 just by a few clicks on your computer keyboard (Huge credits to the program author, credits below) through the TWRP installer program.
Tools and requirements:
- Make sure you have unlocked your ASUS Zenfone Live L1/L2 bootloader.
- Backups! Installing a custom recovery is a do or die 😁. Also we are going to factory reset and wiping the internal storage later.
- Remove any lockscreen. To avoid possibility being locked out of your phone after booting after doing factory reset / format Data, remove any lockscreen method you have set first.
- A windows computer / PC, to run the custom recovery installer.
- ADB fastboot driver installed on your computer so your ASUS Zenfone Live L1/L2 can get recognized when connected to it. You can get it below: Minimal ADB Fastboot v. 1.4.3.zip (1 MB)
- USB Cable, to connect your phone with the computer.
- TWRP installer program for ASUS Zenfone Live L1/L2 (download link below).
- Decrypt Device zip file (download link below). For convenience, you can place it on your phone external microSD Card.
💀 Warning, this tutorial is a high risk operation. Make sure you know what it means installing custom recovery to your ASUS Zenfone Live L1/L2 Android phone as well how to fix it if things get messed up. Worst case scenarios:
- Your ASUS Zenfone Live L1/L2 won’t boot anymore, you need to reinstall the stock firmare.
Steps installing custom recovery (TWRP) to ASUS Zenfone Live L1/L2 Android phone
- Download the TWRP installer program and extract it on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your ASUS Zenfone Live L1/L2 Developer options.
- Put your phone into fastboot mode. Turn off your phone, then press volume up + power button at same time and hold it for a few seconds, release it when it vibrate.
- Connect your ASUS Zenfone Live L1/L2 Android phone to your computer using USB cable.
- Open the extraction folder of the TWRP installer program, run the
twrp-installer.batprogram. You will now see the CMD window opened.
- Now all you have to do is pressing Enter. Wait for the process is done, it should be done in a brief (≤ 30 seconds). After the process is done.
- After the process is done, the CMD window will starting countdown to automatically reboot your phone to recovery. Your phone should be restarting itself into the newly installed TWRP recovery.
- In recovery mode, do format Data partition. Next, mount
- Next, install the decrypt zip file (download link below) through the recovery menu.
- Lastly do
Wipedalvik/cache in the recovery menu. Done! Now you can reboot your ASUS Zenfone Live L1/L2 Android phone.
TWRP Installer Program for ASUS Zenfone Live L1/L2 download link
TWRP Installer – for stock ROM Oreo
ASUS Zenfone Live Decrypt Oreo.zip (125 kB)
🏅 Credits 🏅
Source: ZENFONE LIVE L1 & L2 TELEGRAM GROUP | X00RD 🇲🇨.